How to Design Shopify Store
Looking through various forums and blogger’s articles about creating online stores, it may seem that making a design is easy and simple. Perhaps it is true, because there are a huge number of free themes, templates, tutorials and online-builders. But not every design is selling.
When making a Shopify store design, an entrepreneur often does not think about colors that attract a certain kind of audience, the logic of navigation, which provokes a customer to buy more or just optimization of the store speed. In this article we will talk about 6 working trends, that will help you pump your store and catch more customers to your nets.
1. Pick right theme for your online store
The first thing to do is to choose the appropriate theme because it’s the footing of your Shopify store. The theme will influence the customers’ feeling of your project, its UI and the atmosphere, all in all. Shopify service has hundreds of themes which are free or cost about 150$. We recommend not to focus on the features you want to see in the store but highlight the goals which your theme is going to reach. Before you select any theme, answer these questions:
- How much am I ready to spend for the design? You should plan the whole budget counting expenses for plugins, additional apps, promoting, etc. to understand the theme price and its customization price limit (considering not only money but time).
2. Don’t put a grabs of books into your store
Some people usually want to read a lot about the offered product, but there are only a few of those who really do like this. It’s obvious that a seller wishes to demonstrate the whole story of his brand or item. Main dashboard with 5-6 best products looks more appealing here.
Customers often mention the fact of overloading their brains with a huge number of information. They need their shop experience goes really smoothly. That’s why promotional products and your favourites are things you should concentrate on.
3. Reduce time for the process of loading
Most part of users change the link or site if loading time takes more than 3 seconds. So this fact could kill your business idea immediately. Judging the situation from another side, Google ranks higher fast sites, that’s why loading time is worth improving. Your UX and SEO will “appreciate” it. There are a plenty of factors which cause slow site loading, so we prepared a list of tips for you to avoid them:
To be sure about your site speed, you can use Google PageSpeed tools. It will give you fresh analysis and pieces of advice to change it for better.
4. Your store reflects you
Using ready-to-go templates is risky for you to lose the uniqueness. If you pinpoint the main store features, there is a big chance to skip it and get more customers who like your style. Even if you use common popular theme, you still have an opportunity to stand out from the crowd with these things:
- Specialize your images – You can show your own style with the photography style which influences your store appearance. Both item and promotional images could be made with special store feature.
- Content style – words are the second thing which takes users’ attention after pictures. The format of the text rely on your target audience, e.g. fashion stores present short text with emojis and casual lang, otherwise tech brands write the descriptions using more formal language. Choose the most suitable tone for all the pages.
- Customize your store individually – Shopify settings are known with the feature of personalizing settings in selected theme. Use it for your benefit and add your branding, engaging pop-ups, set number of images you will upload for a product, color templates and so on. Go deep into its settings and you will find a lot of features to concentrate on. That will differ your store from the others with a huge advantage.
5. Speak up about your store
Offer your products clearly and confidently is the best strategy not only to attract customers but to stick them to your Shopify store. Often sellers show their items but they don’t persuade purchases in its importance. Why you need a watch? How will your product level up customer’s life? You should persuade customers that your product is a necessity for them.
The very solution here is catchy headline on the landing or product page. A tricky word play or joke could be nice attraction for users. Highlight your advantages there and add some more features in subheadlines too. Remember that it’s not a slogan. The proposition speaks about usefulness for the people, slogan works to only to catch the eye.
6. Find an experienced designer
If you feel that you run out of skills or inspiration for designing your store, you can hire a pro to help. A designer can advance your store appearance or create it from nothing. A designer experienced in Shopify has a big knowledge of its settings and the latest plugins and apps. This decision will save your time and help you to get a special store style. UI/UX designer can help both with responsive web interface and personalization in the store.
Multi-Programming Solutions has an experienced Shopify development team which will help you with the whole creating and launching process. We dealt with a number of already launched stores to improve their loading time and redesign pages. Also, the team started Shopify stores from nothing implementing all the features and making special customization for our clients. We create a unique solution for your Shopify idea and start work as soon as possible!
Text us to get Free project estimation!