Why Choose Angular for Your Next Development Project
READ WHOLE ARTICLE
Angular is among the most popular JS frameworks for developing websites, web apps & mobile apps (for iPhone and Android) in the world. Currently, Angular has but one rival in terms of popularity – a prominent solution from the Facebook developers, React, which is, however, a library rather than a fully-featured framework. Below, we get into more detail about all the nuances of developing an application in Angular and share our own experience with this tool.
What is Angular?
Angular is an open-source JS-based framework, the first version of which was presented by Google back in 2010. Angular development is a process, which implies working on the client-side of this framework in order to create an end software product.
Among other JS frameworks, Angular may as well be the best solution for IT professionals, providing a handy basic concept of Model-View-Controller. Due to this, a large team can divide software logic from DOM manipulations without interrupting workflow, by distributing separate tasks between separate development groups.
The framework is also great for implementing interactivity mechanisms – with its help, you can easily create dynamic web pages with instantly updated content (no readymade WordPress theme or any other engine theme written in PHP will provide you with such online flexibility).
Fast dynamic pages are always good for SEO since users usually appreciate the immediate response time and are more attracted to resources with high performance (with Angular interactive elements, the maximum waiting threshold is less than a second). Software engineers get to create awesome fast one-page apps and sites as well.
All in all, you can see why startuppers and entrepreneurs tend to go for Angular development outsourcing services so often.
Tools for Frontend Angular Development
Despite the versatility of the framework, Angular software is usually created using a number of modules and tools to help you write, test, and debug code. Major solutions in this aspect include:
- AngularUI. AngularUI is what accelerates the assembly of the application using special directives from the Angular environment (these include the UI router, UI-Bootstrap, UI-map, etc.);
- Sublime Text. Sublime Text is a cross-platform source code editor that allows you to work with several files on one screen at once;
- Karma. Karma is a well-known code testing tool that allows you to run tests directly in your browser. Test results are displayed in the CLI. With this solution, you can conduct various types of testing, such as E2E, modular, intermediate, etc .;
Why Choose Angular for Your Next Development Project?
Now, let’s see exactly if the specifics of front end development with Angular should fit your requirements during the implementation of a major project.
Pros of Angular
Let’s start with the benefits you get using Angular:
- Angular is a universal solution. With it, you get to employ numerous tools, templates, directives, and other readymade elements for brushing up your project. With the right approach to programming in Angular, you will never get confused about the relationships between classes, objects, and methods, since everything is distributed across different files;
- Angular uses a strongly-typed language, which is an advantage for large-scale projects. Developers dealing with Angular will have to write TypeScript language code (this is one of the JS variations). This is a strongly-typed language that will not allow ambiguities in code constructs;
- Angular features two-way data binding (as opposed to the same React), which facilitates connections between components and ensures one-to-one correspondence. Due to this, the debugging process is simplified, because changes at one end of the DOM immediately entail changes at the other end of the DOM;
- Angular is perfectly compatible with advanced debugging and testing tools. It interacts well with solutions such as Karma and Jasmine, which are considered among the best tools in the midst of testers;
- Angular is ideal for creating both mobile and desktop software. The framework was created to develop cross-platform projects and can be perfectly adapted to work on solutions for mobile gadgets as well;
- Angular has a huge online community. In view of the ongoing popularity of this framework, the number of its fans is growing every day. This means that you can find the answer to practically any question related to working in Angular on the Internet.
Cons of Angular
There is also a reverse side to the coin and some of the major Angular downsides include:
- To work with Angular, you need a lot of knowledge that is not related to JS. With all the indisputable advantages of Angular, this is a rather large and capacious framework that requires developers to master a number of technologies and tools as well as the rules that are specific to this particular development environment.
For example, TypeScript language, despite being an add-on for JS, has its own nuances, without which you won’t be able to write apps in Angular. Next, you will need the skills to work with the Angular CLI (without it, the development process will last significantly longer).
Lastly, in order to employ all the features that we highlighted in Angular pros, you need to learn the basics of working with npm.;
- The experience with testing and debugging tools is also required. Angular is by no means an independent platform for developing apps and sites completely from scratch. It is good only for the implementation of the client side of the project.
Therefore, you will also have to master a number of tools that work in combination with Angular. The classic combination of software development tools here is the MEAN stack (the meaning of this abbreviation is: MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js).
Angular Development Services
In total, there are common Angular development services most agencies (including MPS) provide, like:
- Angular Web Development;
- Mobile App Development Angular;
- Angular Desktop Software Development;
- Angular PWA Development.
Technologies for Angular Development
Last but not least, here’s a brief list of technologies and tools that can be efficiently used along with the Angular framework:
- Backend Frameworks. Traditionally, Express.js is employed, which is included in the MEAN stack. You can also work with such PHP frameworks as Symfony, Laravel or Zend Frameworks;
- Frontend Technologies. These include all the solutions we highlighted in the respective section of the article: AngularUI, WebStorm, Aptana, Karma, Jasmine, and others;
- Cloud Computing Platforms. In this aspect, the most popular and efficient solutions are AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud;
- Data Management. To manage your database, you can select MongoDB, JAM Stack, PostgreSQL or DynamoDB;
- Queues. You can manage queues in Angular via npm modules, for instance, ng-promise-queue.
MPS is Your Trusty AngularJS Development Company
Multi Programming Solutions is a specialized Angular development company where we have been successfully implementing business-boosting Angular solutions for years. Employ our Angular mobile development, Angular website development or other types of web and desktop development to get high-quality, user audience impacting software products.
Our agency will gladly take up game development with Angular, so if you want to hire Angular JS developers in the USA or UK who are passionately dedicated to their cause – contact us.