Angular Mobile App Development
READ WHOLE ARTICLE
Angular is an essential JS framework that confidently holds second place in popularity among front-end developers after its main competitor – the ReactJS library. It is used both in mobile development and for building one-page applications for browsers (SPA’s). But what are the particular advantages of using Angular for mobile applications and what possibilities of working with third-party tools does it bring? Let’s find out.
Why Choose Angular for Mobile App Development?
Flexibility & multipurposeness
Angular has templates and directives and each time, by default, it creates a framework for a future application according to the MVC scheme, which separates logic, presentation, and data. This helps several teams to more efficiently work on the project at once and reduces the risk of many errors;
Declarative programming style
The declarative programming style allows developers to write code more compactly and clearly. In addition, the declarative code is context-independent. This means that it can be used in any program without changes;
Optimal for large-scale projects
Modular development capabilities
With Angular.js, you can compose applications building them out of separate (sometimes previously created for other projects) modules. They can be either co-dependent or fully autonomous;
Great third-party compatibility
Angular well interacts with third-party debugging and testing solutions (for instance, with the Karma and Jasmine);
Large web community
The framework has one of the oldest and largest online communities. Thanks to this, you can find the best solution to absolutely any issue you may come across in Angular development using a regular search engine.
What Tools Can You Use to Develop a Mobile Application on Angular?
What is Apache Cordova?
Developers love Apache Cordova for the abundance of plugins, simplicity of mastering, compatibility with PhoneGap, Ionic, Intel XDA, etc., high performance, as well as a large online community. Among the shortcomings, programmers note the difficulty of integrating this solution.
Currently, Cordova is used by Teleport, Walmart, Adobe, JustWatch, Hybrid Heroes, and Edools.
…What about NativeScript?
NativeScript is considered an analog of Apache Cordova. It also provides developers with a wrapper for future applications based on iOS, Android, and Windows Universal, allowing you to use the same software code regardless of platform.
NativeScript is employed by such renowned projects as Work Box, Beachy, GeekyAnts, Zege Technologies, Whoz, Zdravel, Organaza, Navadra, Monogramm, and many others.
Angular Mobile App Development Process
Lastly, these are the subsequent major stages of creating mobile apps with Angular.
- Wireframing. At the stage of creating the template, you should direct all your efforts to solve issues with the usability of future software. In fact, this is when you visualize the navigation algorithms in the application functionality, thereby creating a good base for technical specialists. Designers, programmers, and QA specialists are involved in this stage.
- QA by tech specialists. After the basic template is developed, technical experts determine the optimal methods and tools for implementing the plan and find out with the help of which APIs the program code can be connected with the hardware of the user device. Usually, after this, the template is adjusted to minimize the time and complexity of the development process.
- Prototyping. At this stage, a kind of “workhorse” is created, which contains the basic functionality and which can already be shown to the customer. A key moment in the implementation of this phase is speed.
- Design. Now, the created prototype can be improved externally, in accordance with the universal policies of high-quality UX and modern requirements for UI.
- Development. The development stage is divided into several sub-stages, each of which implies an increase in additional functionality, from primary to less significant aspects.
- Testing. Following the development of each module, everything is tested. It is very important to carry out testing not at the very end of the project, but at the end of each stage in order to avoid hard-to-eliminate errors in the code.
- Deployment. Finally, the deployment will bring you valuable initial feedback from the end user. As your product exists in the public domain, you can improve it, increase new functionality, and modify it in order to boost user satisfaction.
Our company has been specializing in Angular mobile app development for years. If you want to get a truly high-quality, scalable product for up-to-date mobile device users, contact us! We will be happy to take care of your project and implement it as soon as possible.
36 Kings Road
CM1 4HP Chelmsford